Last year I started on a small Christmas wallquilt, but only the piecing was ready on Christmas day. Since I didn’t find it very inspiring to work on a Christmas quilt in January, I decided I would finish it next year. So at the beginning of this December I dug it up from my sewing room and enjoyed working on it again. The scenes on the quilt are so romantic, I bought the fabric at a Dickens Festival and it really matches the feeling of A Christmal Carol.
The quilting is only very basic, so I wanted to add something extra and gave it a finishing touch of gold paint on the stars and binding. I like the result, the paint gives the plain stars a bit of depth (to be seen on the lower 3 pictures). The uppermost picture shows the original fabric, which had a bright red colour surrounding the scenes. I didn’t like that and bordered them with black fabric.